Tuesday 25 August 2009

Hats on Top...

Just in case anyone was wondering about the fabulous hat shop I mentioned in my earlier post, I thought I'd put a quick blog together about it.

Hats on Top is situated opposite the train station in Harrogate and it was recommended to us when we were shopping for Mum's Mother of the Bride outfit (for our wedding - surprisingly). It's a small shop, but as we're all aware now, size certainly isn't everything and it is packed floor to ceiling with posh hats, fascinators and not-so-posh hats. What we went for with Mum, and what my visit was for on Thursday, was for their custom made fascinator service.

Mum was a little daunted by the shop's request to leave part of her dress and a shoe so that they could colour match the feathers etc but as it turned out all was A-OK. The fascinator they created for Mum was out of this world and definitely what she'd been looking for. The colours were spot on and the milliner we dealt with (Kristy I think her name was) obviously knew what she was doing and we felt comfortable from in leaving the overall vision to her.



Just so you know, this was Mum pre-wedding outfit (she's actually just got her dressing gown on and will probably kill me if she sees this!

My lovely bridesmaid Felicity also had her fascinator made at Hats on Top and she's been back with her Mum for even more fascinators making - well, there's nothing like repeat custom for great feedback is there!

As you'd expect, they cater for a range of budgets. My Mum's was about £40-£50, Felicity's bridesmaid one was about £15 and the one I'm having is going to be £25 (I've dealt with Claire on this visit and she seems just as helpful and talented - will put some pics up when I get mine back).

Until next time, K x

No comments:

Post a Comment